I just filled in one of those question and answer e-mail things... Here are my anwers:
1. LIVING ARRANGEMENT? I've got my own swell place in the Ukrainian Village. 2 bedrooms for a very reasonable price and a former cop as a landlord.
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? It is one of the "stripped" books from when I worked at Kroch's. I forget the name right now. I've tried to read it about 5 times and never actually finished although it is very good. I did just finish reading the fabulous Neil Gaiman's book Neverwhere. And I'm looking forward to picking up his new one, American God's when it is released at the end of this week.
3. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? At work it's the Powerpuff Girls. At home it's a Ouija Board... I have not yet noticed the mouse moving on its own.
4. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? oooohhh..... Balderdash is one of the most fun. Then comes Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, The Mad Magazine Game was always cool and Bargain Hunter was one of my favorites as a kid.
5. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? I'm not much of a magazine reader and out of nowhere I started getting Newsweek which was weird cuz I never ordered it. Then as I was watching somethinig on WTTW and their subscription drive came on they mentioned that they include a subscription to the magazine when you send them money (which I did). But the one magazine that I actually pay for is National Geographic. Mostly because my Dad did and I like seeing the magazines laying around the house reminding me of Dad.
6. FAVORITE SMELLS? ooohh... smell....baking bread, the smell of toast, popcorn, pretty much the smell of most baked goods.
6b. LEAST FAVORITE SMELLS? Cigarette smoke. I agree with that answer but also... cinnamon scented airfresheners.... totally different reason. It's the memory associated with the smell. Never thought a smell could be so upsetting. But there was a cinnamon scented airfreshener in my mom's room when she died....
7. FAVORITE SOUND? The sound of the ocean... Until I stood on the beach in Denmark I had never heard the sound of the waves of an ocean (or the sea since this was technically the North Sea). but it was amazing.... I could stand there forever.
8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? There are many worst feelings... "You've got a great personality, but...." that leads to a bad feeling.... "I wish I could find a girl JUST LIKE YOU...." wow...that's like a brick in the face....
But the overall worst ever feeling is losing the two people who are the center of your world.
9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? "It's all a LIE... I dont' really have to get up now.... someone screwed with my alarm clock!" no, I'm just kidding.... I lay there thinking of excuses why I can't go to work today... it's raining, it's too foggy, I ate popcorn last night....
10. FAVORITE COLOR? when it comes to colors I try not to play favorites....
11. HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOU ANSWER THE PHONE? as many as it takes for the caller ID to show up.
12. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? I do like Leia, Han, Indiana...those are cool! But I've only chosen a boy's name for sure. Edward is my name of choice, after my Dad. I also like Andrew for a boy. And for girls names, I like the names like Sibohan, Fiona, Anastasia and Kathrine or Katie for short.
13. WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT IN LIFE? Loving and being loved. I agree with that. nothing is more important than loving and being loved by family and friends.
14. FAVORITE FOODS? Dad's Sweedish meatballs. Chicken Enchilada's a-la Pattie and apple pie.
15. CHOCOLATE OR VANILLA? I'm totally a Dean's Country Charm Moose Tracks girl...
16. DO YOU LIKE TO DRIVE FAST? ABSOLUTELY! I'd love to go to some car racing school to learn how to drive even faster.
17. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? I've got two answers for this... answer #1 is yes, my favorite bear from childhood sits on the bed while I sleep sometimes getting knocked on the floor by answer #2 the stuffed so much that she always pukes everywhere cat that sleeps on the bed with me.
18. STORMS - COOL OR SCARY? I do so very much love rainy days....until we get so many that it feels like we are living in the tropical rain forest....or Seattle.
19. WHAT TYPE WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? My first car was a piece of crap Buick Skylark (or was it a Skyhawk?) beige...with a broken heater core so that the anti-freeze leaked on the passenger side floor. and the ceiling cloth drooped on your head.
20. IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON DEAD OR ALIVE? wow...this is a hard one... I'd like to meet Douglas Adams and Neil Gaiman. Anne Rice might be interesting to meet too. John Edward of the Sci-Fi channel show Crossing Over would be cool to meet too. Stanley Kubrick would be neat.... or Terry Gilliam. I've always had a thing for Henry Rollins.... And of course David Boreanaz.
21. FAVORITE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE? Margarita on the rocks with salt. and the hard ciders like Woodchuck and Woodpecker....oh and Hooch is good too.
22. WHAT IS YOUR ZODIAC SIGN? I am a Libra
23. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS OF BROCCOLI? Eat?!?!....Broccoli?!?! I agree with the answer that was here. Broccoli is so totally gross! most vegetables are.
24. IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED WHAT WOULD IT BE? I do so like this question.... I would be an FBI Agent or a CIA Agent. Or an oscar winning actress/writer/director/producer. A scientist who discovers the secret of time travel....or an astronaut who discovers life on other planets. Or... I think it would be cool to be one of Dr. Who's companions. A best selling author. the coolest teacher in the school. or a rock star.
25. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR? I can and I have...
26. EVER BEEN IN LOVE? Sadly.... no....
27. IS THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL? Someone freaking STOLE MY GLASS!
28. FAVORITE MOVIES: WOW... what a list this will be....
In no particular order: Say Anything, Princess Bride, What Dreams May Come, Contact, Traffic, Evil Dead (all 3), Star Wars, Babe, The Little Princess - more recent Warner Bros version, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, The Adventures of Buckaroo Bonzai in the 5th Dimension, Wonderboys, Dude Where's my Car, Virgin Suicides, Lock Stock & two Smoking Barrels, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Almost Famous, Blade Runner. All Python movies, Memento and Shrek. There are more...but I'd go on and on forever if I listed everything.
29. FAVORITE TV SHOW: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Charmed, That 70's Show, Titus, Roswell, Gilmore Girls, West Wing, Farscape, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo.
Ever - Happy Days, WKRP in Cincinnati, Hill Street Blues, The Muppet Show, Hart to Hart, Banana Splits, Underdog, BJ & Dirty Dragon, Bozo, Ray Raynor, Tennesse Tuxedo, Go-Go Gophers, Laverne & Shirley, The A-Team, Strike Force (anyone remember strike force?), Dr. Who, Crossing Over and The Vicar of Dibley.
31. FAVORITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY: going to Ground Round with the family.
32. FAVORITE SONG/GROUP/TYPE OF MUSIC: Woah... musics...again, in no particular order:
Groups: Duran Duran, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Rollins Band, Peter Gabriel, The Police, Ben Folds Five, Muck Bros, PJ Harvey, U2, REM, B-52's, Sex Pistols, Black Flag, Iggy Pop, David Bowie, Elvis Costello, Van Morrison, Wings, Beatles, XTC, They Might Be Giants, Joan Jett, Amazing Royal Crowns, Al Green, Bob Marley, Buffalo Springfield, Chris Isaak, Grateful Dead, INXS, Harry Connick, Hole, Lou Reed, Red Hot Chili Peppers... etc
Songs: Joe Cocker's version of "i get by with a little help from my friends", Making Plans for Nigel, Godzilla (by Blue Oyster Cult), Sana Monica by Everclear. Love to be loved, Washing of the water (maybe not really the name of the song?), In your Eyes all by Peter Gabriel (geeze, pretty much all of So and all of Us and all of Shaking the Tree are my favorite songs by Pete)
Types of music: Rock, ska, punk, Rockabilly, Jazz, Blues, Classical (when I'm in the mood) pretty much anything loud and angry or "pool songs"
each of the above lists are only a very small selection of what I like. I run the gamut of music.
33. SOMETHING I'M REALLY GOOD AT OR I LOVE TO DO THAT NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT IS: Knitting and crochet are things I like to do that not many people know about. I also like to bake but more people know about that. I'm pretty darn good at volley ball too. And as a geek I do so very much like video games but that's a given.
34. QUOTE I LIVE BY: eeww.... uh.... My latest quote (made up by me) is "Never worry about money, there's always more down the road"
35. PEOPLE WHO KNEW ME IN HIGH SCHOOL THOUGHT I WAS: Wow... they thought I was a total loser... the fat girl that no one wanted to be seen with. I was also labeled the "nice girl" in many of the signatures of the yearbook. They seemed to think I was shy and quiet... the "good girl". Also they had this distorted image that I was a very smart kid and did well in all my classes so the "popular" kids who were too dumb to pass would cheat off of me... I failed 1st semester of Biology, partly because I hated the teacher and partly because I was bored out of my mind, and the girl from the SAME CLASS I failed ended up in class with me the second time around... she kept asking me for the answers, "Uh hello, Michelle... I FAILED TOO!"
IF THEY SAW ME NOW, MY CLASSMATES WOULD SAY: Man she's such a bitch.
36. DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS? Yes I do. When I took typing in high school I had that horrible disorder of low self esteem, I didn't believe in myself enough to know where the keys were without looking. I passed by reading a line then watching my hands hit the right keys then reading the next line...etc. One day (long after high school) I just stopped thinking about where the keys were and voila! I type like a fiend!
37. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? hairballs, dust, maybe an old pair of slippers?
38. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER? 42
39. BELIEF IN GHOSTS, MIRACLES OR LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS? Absolutely! what a boring world this would be if there were none of the above. As they said in the movie Contact, if there wasn't life on other planets it would be an awful waste of space. And John Edward of the Sci-Fi Channel show Crossing Over proves the life after death theory.
40. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Sports? Watch?!? ugh... well if I must choose, Hockey is a good one to watch, but only if they fight..... then....well....thats about it.
41. IF YOU COULD BE ANY TREE WHAT WOULD YOU BE AND WHY? This is one of my favorite questions... I'd want to be a Christmas Tree. Because of all the meaning it holds, the great family memories it brings, the tradition of the tree.... and yeah, sure I'd be thrown away some time in January (maybe even March for some houses) but I'd live on in the heart and soul of the family to whom I brought so much joy and happiness.
42. FAVORITE BOOK... My favorite book of all time is a book called "Spunky" its about this dog who was a stray and he found himself a family. Its from the dog's point of view which i thought was the coolest when I read it in 5th grade. It's the first book that made me cry. And it was one of the first books I got through the Scholastic book club. I was so excited when my Mom actually let me get one of the billions of books I wanted from that little flyer they passed around in school. You rember the one, with the cutesy posters you could get and the kids books. You'd check off what you wanted the cut out that strip of an order form. Then the books would arrive and the teacher would spread them out on the chalkboard rail and you'd sit in anticipation hoping and praying that the teacher would call your name to go get your book...
43. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU. There are so many nice things to say about Mike! He's so cool...and a ton of fun.... if only I could hang out with him more....
44. PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND. Well.. I'm not sure cuz I haven't yet decided who to send this to.
45.PERSON YOU SENT THIS TO WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND. See above. again... I'm not sure yet who I'm going to send this to. But it seems most people I choose do send it back eventually....after they've taken the time to ponder their answers.